I have slooooowly been trying to perfect cauliflower crust pizza…
My best advice to anyone trying to master the art that is cauliflower crust pizza would be:
1) wring out as much water as you can from the cauliflower
2) use a silicone baking mat
3) get the crust as crispy as possible before adding sauce/cheese/toppings
And patience. Lots of patience. The first one I ever made was super soggy and kept falling apart and I feel like I’ve finally got this thing down to a science now.
for the cauliflower crust:
1 head of cauliflower, stem/leaves removed, cut in chunks
2 eggs, beaten
salt & pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup almond flour
store bought marinara
shredded mozzarella cheese
fresh mozzarella (I had a fresh log of mozzarella cheese and just tore from it)
1 garlic clove, minced
diced baby bella mushrooms
diced red onion
diced yellow, red & orange pepper
kale leaves (no stems), rough chopped
^literally just took all the veggies I had out of my fridge, use whatever you have!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pulverize cauliflower chunks in food processor – get this in the finest texture possible.
3. Evenly spread cauliflower onto a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Using a cheesecloth/thin towel or paper towels – wring as much water/moisture from the cauliflower as possible. This is a game changer, do not skip this step! I literally plop all the cauliflower in the center of a thin flour sac towel and just wring it out over my sink.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the remainder of the crust ingredients.
6. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Use a silicone baking mat (or tin foil) to line your baking sheet/pizza stone. Create small pizzas with the cauliflower mixture.
7. Bake for about 8 minutes, flip pizzas, bake an additional 6 minutes.
8. While pizzas are baking, saute garlic, onion, peppers, mushrooms in a skillet over medium high heat with EVOO for a few minutes or until caramelized.
8. Assemble pizzas with marinara, mozzarella cheeses & any additional toppings. Bake for another 3-4 minutes and enjoy!