You’re near your due date! So, let’s party! How about some fun baby shower games?
One of the best parts about being pregnant is having a party and the baby shower games and prizes! There are hundreds upon hundreds of them out there, but we have collated a list of easy and fun baby games to play at your baby shower, so you don’t have to trawl the internet looking for them. These are voted by our staff as being the ‘funnest’ of the lot!
1. Memory Games On a large tray, collect together baby-related items – dummy, nappy rash cream, nappy, rattle, nail clippers, teething ring etc, and cover with a tea towel. Give each guest a pen and paper and show them the contents of the tray for one minute. Remove the tray from the room and give them three minutes to write down as many items from the tray as they can remember. The guest who writes down the most correct items wins!
So there’s some fun games you can try, but you also need some prizes for the winners. You can pretty much use your imagination here, but a few suggestions include:
Small cookbooks Photo frames Tea towels Aprons Address books Candles Small bottles of wine Box of chocolates Shower gels/bath oils Movie tickets An alternative to that is this Baby Poop Memory Game!
Click here for the free printable!
So to play this game, you will to guess the 23 different types of baby poo every parent will come across. It’s more fun than educational and will definitely make you break into continuous laughter!
2. My Water Has Broken Game
Grab a packet of tiny dolls from your local junk shop and freeze them into ice cubes!
3. The Clothes Peg Game or Don’t Call me ‘Baby’ Game This one is really fun! As each guest arrives at the party, give them two pegs, and tell them that they need to peg them anywhere on their clothes. Once everyone has arrived, you need to explain how the game works. The aim is to be the person with the MOST pegs. You can take a peg off someone if they say a particular word (you can choose a word like “baby” or “cute” as your taboo word – something that you know people are going to say a lot!) So, if someone says the taboo word, one peg only can be taken off that person. The person who takes the peg then pegs it to their own clothes. At the end of the party, the guest with the most pegs on their clothes is the winner!
4. The Guess the Bump Game For this game, all you need are some wool. Guests have to estimate the circumference of the mum-to-be’s belly by taking a long piece of toilet roll paper. (If you have string, then you cut off a length of string that you estimate will fit around the mum’s pregnant belly). After each person has taken their length of paper from the roll, each person must wrap the toilet paper around the mum-to-be’s belly to measure it, and the winner is the person who is the most accurate!
Guess The Bump Cards from from An Ink in Twine 5. Guess the Pureed Baby Food Game This one involves taste testing! Buy a few jars of baby food before the party and you will also need some plastic spoons. Cover the jar labels over with some dark paper so the ingredients can’t be seen. Each guest must then take turns at tasting the baby food and writing down the ingredients they think are in the food. The person with the most correct answers at the end of the game wins!
6. Baby Song Game Guests need to write down as many songs as they can think of with the word “baby” in them. The guest with the most “baby” songs wins!
7. Who Know’s Mummy Best Game
See who really does know mum the best!
8. Spit the Dummy Every guest is to be given a dummy. Everyone then lines up in a row and the winner is the person who can spit their dummy the farthest!
9. Name the Baby Products Give each guest a pen and paper and ask them to list as many baby products as they can in 2 minutes. Award a prize to either the guest with the most products and also the most questionable product!
10. Blindfold ‘Changing the Nappy’ Game
Grab a couple of dolls and some disposable nappies, and see who can change the nappy fastest whilst blindfolded! Get the video camera out for this one. Gold!
Image Via Tipjunkie.com
11. Baby ‘The Price is Right’ Guess the Cost Game
Keep a receipt for when you go shopping – and print out the following printable and hand a copy to everyone. The closest to the right amount without going over – is the winner!
12. Pin the Sperm on the Egg
If you have played ‘Pin the Tail on the Donkey’, you will get the point…
Via Baby Resource
13. Who is that baby? Game
Grab baby pictures of everyone at the party (if you can) or piccies of people you all know. Put them all up on the board, and let them guess who is who!!!!
What’s the best baby shower game you’ve ever played? Do you have some to add to our list?
#HilariousBabyShowerGames #PinTheSpermOnTheEgg #Pregnancy #BabyShowerTips #Pregnancy