Us writers have it easy during the Coronavirus lockdown.
Days stuck inside without human contact? Why, most writers have to plunk down serious cash to participate in a productive retreat! Now everyone is getting the kind of forced isolation that you used to have to pay good money for.
But not everyone is a writer, and some people have started clawing at the wallpaper. One guy even sorted all of his mixed herbs.
If you’re finding yourself in a similar state of mind, the best thing you can do is develop a new skill. If you’re planning on pumping up your resume or traveling when this is all said and done, then it’s the ideal time to pick up a new language.
If you’re old enough to remember the days of Alta Vista, you may already be familiar with Babbel. Before Google Translate arrived, Babbel’s translation system was the go-to for understanding incomprehensible GeoCities websites written by strangers in far away lands.
Nowadays, Babbel has carved out its place as a frontrunner in online language learning.
If you’ve had a poor experience with Duolingo before (as many people have), you’ll probably take comfort in knowing that Babbel adopts an alternate approach. Whereas Duolingo tends toward a grammar-first strategy, Babbel focuses on natural language learning through conversational skills.
Babbel is a professional-tier product that typically costs $400. However, we’ve got a deal from them that lets Android Authority readers start learning a second language today for just $159.
You can complete your learning process using any browser or mobile device (iOS 11 or above, Android 6.0 or above).
Here are the full details:
Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German, and many more languages with Babbel, the #1 top-grossing language-learning app in the world. Developed by over 100 expert linguists, Babbel is helping millions of people speak a new language quickly and with confidence. After just one month, you will be able to speak confidently about practical topics, such as transportation, dining, shopping, directions, making friends, and much more!
- Get lifetime access to learn all 14 languages
- Practice w/ 10-15 minute bite-sized lessons that fit conveniently into your schedule
- Cover a wide range of useful real-life topics, from travel to family, business, food & more
- Use speech recognition technology to keep your pronunciation on point
- Learn at a variety of skill levels, from beginner to advanced
- Get personalized review sessions to reinforce what you learn so it really sticks
- Study whenever & wherever you want and your progress will be synchronized across your devices
- Use offline mode to access courses, lessons & review items when not on Wi-Fi—just download them beforehand
We’re not saying this is a guaranteed remedy to your cabin fever, but finding something productive to do can work wonders. The best thing is, since this is a lifetime subscription to all Babbel’s language courses, you’ll always have it in your toolbox when you want to come back to it.
If you’re ready to get started, click the button below to grab your subscription to Babbel before the offer ends!
- $159 at Techdeals Save $140 .00